He seems to be acknowledging the existence of God, but rejecting him - "All right, send me to Hell, I don't care". Poor chap, I hope he did find peace after death! Since this poem didn't move you, it is odd that you would have such a strong negative reaction to it and strike out against it.
Out of the night that covers me | mail.tranquilitynorth.com
I have read poems before that didn't strike me after a couple of readings, and I hardly gave them another thought. I realized they just weren't for me. You took time to lash-out at the words, the poet, and everyone else who has read and was moved by the poem. I would suggest you take a deep breath, relax, and re-read the poem a few times maybe more slowly.
I think it may have touched you deeper than you originally admitted to yourself. Share it with your friends: Make comments, explore modern poetry. Join today for free! Sign up with Facebook. Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. The beach was crowded. For the film, see Invictus film.
Invictus - Poem by William Ernest Henley
For other uses, see Invictus disambiguation. A book of verses. A book of verses Second ed. The meaning of 'Invictus ' ".
- Invictus Poem by William Ernest Henley - Poem Hunter;
- The Sandman: More Farm Stories (Yesterdays Classics) (Sandman Stories Book 2)?
- LIFE IN A CAPSULE?
The Oxford Book of English Verse, — 1st 6th impression ed. Yale University Library Gazette. Retrieved 10 January Retrieved April 15, Retrieved 9 May The Daily Telegraph UK.
- Sharpes Aufstieg (Sharpe-Serie 6) (German Edition).
- House of Light;
- Professional Standards for Teachers and School Leaders: A Key to School Improvement?
- Quick Links - Poets.org;
- Solip:System (Hardwired Series).
- Out Of The Night That Covers Me Poem by William Ernest Henley - Poem Hunter!
- Invictus by William Ernest Henley - Poems | Academy of American Poets.
- Interesting Literature;
- Melanie Klein in Berlin: Her First Psychoanalyses of Children (The New Library of Psychoanalysis)?
If it's not "in," it would no longer be in the present tense "covers" , maybe? Scott 6, 8 28 Is there a reason why you cannot use "out of" in the language you are translating to? Vidro3 2 3 Sign up or log in Sign up using Google. Sign up using Facebook.